Developing New Ways to Fight Cancer
Cancer affects many of us – whether it’s you or someone you know.
Each year, 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with cancer. Cancer causes 600,000 deaths annually in the U.S.
Sanford Research is doing its part to fight this disease. We are advancing cancer research by:
- Identifying molecular and cellular mechanisms that cause cancer
- Understanding the role of the immune system in fighting cancer
- Developing new approaches to treat cancer
Our areas of expertise include breast cancer, head and neck cancer, leukemia, osteosarcoma, lung and pancreatic cancer.
Our research group supports:
- NIH funded Cancer Biology Research Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (CoBRE)
- Edith Sanford Breast Cancer Initiative
Sanford Health News
Collaboration will help guide best practices for patient testing
Movement could help people overcome social barriers to health