Analytical Support for Researchers
The Research Design and Biostatistics Core provides a centralized resource of analytical expertise. Specifically, the core assists with project planning and research designing, data collection and management, statistical analysis, and interpretation and presentation of results.
The Research Design and Biostatistics Core is supported by the Center for Health Outcomes and Population Research (NIGMS CoBRE P20GM121341).
We provide the following services:
- Consult on study design, data collection techniques, and manuscript writing or revising
- Calculate appropriate sample sizes to provide adequate power for their study
- Develop survey and/or data collection instrument through REDCap
- Support a wide range of statistical analyses such as generalized linear regression, multilevel regression, principal component analysis, survival analysis, and nonparametric methods
- Create automated but customizable reporting through R and Shiny
- Reporting and monitoring of clinical trial data
- Support basic training on R Programming as well as Design Methods and Statistical Techniques
Johnson TB, Mechels K, Anderson RE, Cain JT, Sturdevant DA, Braddock S, Pinz H, Wilson MA, Landsverk M, Roux KJ, Weimer JM. Characterization of a recurrent missense mutation in the forkhead DNA-binding domain of FOXP1. Sci Rep. 2018;8.
Adam T Stys, Maheedhar Gedela, Udit Bhatnagar, Jeffrey Wilson, Natalia Stys, Terezia Petraskova, Alex Heard, Ben Staum, Valerie Bares, Marian Petrasko, Tadeusz Malinski, Tomasz Stys. (2019). A Prospective Analysis of Contrast Preservation Using Ultra-Low Contrast Delivery Technique Versus Automated Contrast Injector System in Coronary Procedures. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 73(9), 1194.
Russo, J. N., Griese, E. R., & Bares, V. J. (2018). Examining the Prevalence and Impact of Peer Victimization and Social Support for Rural Youth. South Dakota Medicine: The Journal of the South Dakota State Medical Association, 71(10), 448–451.