PROMISE Scholars Summer Internship
This unique 10-week research internship offers a total-immersion experience in real-time laboratory research at Sanford for motivated high school students with an aptitude for biomedical sciences. Work alongside scientists as part of the research team, connect with peers through in-house scientific interest groups, and present your work as a scientific poster at the Sanford Research Symposium. PROMISE Scholars earn 3 undergraduate elective-credits at the University of South Dakota (BIOC192) and are awarded a $2,500 scholarship.
- Strong interest in a scientific career
- Entering senior year in the fall of the upcoming academic year (home-schooled students are eligible)
- Must be at least 16 years old by June 1
- Committed to participating in the entire 10-week summer program (minimum of 35 hours/week)
- Candidates are encouraged to participate in other Sanford PROMISE programming for an introduction to the research environment. Opportunities include: Research Shadowing Program, Teen Science Café and Community Lecture Series.
Applications available: October 12
Application deadline: January 29
Applicants will be notified of their status in March.
Sanford Health News
Sanford’s Dr. Murat Sincan looks at patterns of disease at Imagenetics, Research
Educational videos, lessons, equipment lending library now available online
Classes & Events
Fri 10/16/20 9:00 AM - Fri 10/16/20 2:00 PM
Mon 10/19/20 4:30 PM - Mon 10/19/20 5:00 PM