PROMISE Scholars Summer Internship
This unique 10-week research internship offers a total-immersion experience in real-time laboratory research at Sanford for motivated high school students with an aptitude for biomedical sciences. Work alongside scientists as part of the research team, connect with peers through in-house scientific interest groups, and present your work as a scientific poster at the Sanford Research Symposium. PROMISE Scholars earn 3 undergraduate elective-credits at the University of South Dakota (BIOC192) and are awarded a $2,500 scholarship.
- Strong interest in a scientific career
- Entering senior year in the fall of the upcoming academic year (home-schooled students are eligible)
- Must be at least 16 years old by June 1
- Committed to participating in the entire 10-week summer program (minimum of 35 hours/week)
- Candidates are encouraged to participate in other Sanford PROMISE programming for an introduction to the research environment. Opportunities include: Research Shadowing Program, Biomedical Research Investigations, Teen Science Café and Community Lecture Series.
Applications available: November 1
Application deadline: January 31
Applicants will be notified of their status in March.
Sanford Health News
Dr. David Pearce on how clinical trials and studies become life-changing care
CNN interviews Dr. Allison Suttle about coronavirus cases and clinical trial